Information Gathering and Usage
We collect information from you in several ways, such as when a donation is made and e-newsletter signups. We will not collect or record your personal information unless you choose to give it to us.
Use of Personal Information
General browsing of the SAF India website is anonymous. It does not register the user’s personal information except the time, date and palace of visits and the name of the internet service provider. This data is used only for statistical purposes.
By signing up for various services offered by SAF India, the user explicitly authorizes use SAF to collect information based on the user’s usage. The data is used to help provide a better experience to the user and is used as per the user’s specified instructions.
SAF India keeps the user information strictly confidential, and it is secured safely in our internal servers. All relevant information collected through the SAF India website is handled and used by internal and/or authorized officials. It is never shared with any external agencies or third-party individuals.
SAF India uses the information given in the following ways:
- To make sure we have an accurate record of all the donations received.
- Email you with new information about SAF India and our campaigns, but only if you have agreed to this.
- Ensure you are receiving the most appropriate and relevant information for you.
- To find out more about you and the people visiting our website, donating or joining our campaigns.
Usually, SAF India does not store user data. In the case of specific sign-ups, the data is stored as per user request. The user can opt to delete all the information they have provided by simply requesting such by mail. All information, without exception, will be deleted in two working days.
Privacy of our email lists
Individuals who join our mailing lists via our website or through campaigning engagements are added to our email database. We do not sell, rend, loan, trade or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
Cookies are pieces of electronic information that will be sent by SAF India when a user visits the website. These will be placed in the hard disk of the user’s computer and enable SAF India to recognize the user when they visit the website again.
The user can configure their browser so that it responds to cookies the way they deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. The users may check their browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per individual behaviour.
SAF India uses well-recognized and approved technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that the donor’s browser is able to support.
SAF India Charitable Trust does not collect credit card or banking information from donors. All that information is processed through a third-party payment gateway.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We make public our policy on refund and cancellation of donations received for the social cause on payment gateway as:-
- No refund/cancellation for the donated amount by any donor will not be entertained, the online donations through the online payment gateway.
- No cash or refund of money will be allowed.
- If any in-kind support is received by the donor from anywhere the material will be reached to the poorest of the poorer communities.
- Once received the donation for a cause will not be refunded to the donor. No cancellation to be made. The donation will be used for community development, children’s education or women’s empowerment.